[yocto] Questions regarding adding a new llvm based cross-compiler

Cody P Schafer dev at codyps.com
Mon Oct 20 12:47:01 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> I have started to integrate clang into oe
> Which probably is quitquite similar to this effortwise. Its very
> prelimpreliminary. Check my github repo. I should add it to layer index

(repo link for the interested: https://github.com/kraj/meta-clang)

Khem: the complication for me is rustc doesn't magically build for all
targets it supports (at the moment) when using gcc as the
compiler/linker (rustc calls an external binary, typically gcc or cc
to link it's code). As a result, I can't just build for -native. I'm
currently fighting with cross.bbclass to convince it to do what I
want.