[yocto] YP documentation survey

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Fri Oct 3 08:08:34 PDT 2014

On 09/30/14 14:22, Chris Hallinan wrote:
> My only comment: make it easier to build the latest docs from git.  I
> seem to always hit errors, and I've seen other posts about that, too.
> I just did a quick make DOC=mega-manual on Daisy, and it failed with:
> "tar: mega-manual.html: Cannot stat: No such file or directory"
>
> make DOC=dev-manual failed due to missing dependencies, and in the 30
> seconds I spent while writing this e-mail, I couldn't figure out what
> to install on my U14.04 host to satisfy it.
>
> I don't have much use/fondness for html docs.  Give me a searchable
> PDF any day.

Attached is the little shell script I run right after I run my other
shell script that updates all the layer repositories I follow :-)

I only build the PDFs and I've never been successful building the mega
manual either (pdf, html, or otherwise).

Getting the docs to build on my openSUSE system was also a challenge
since there are two packages which provide "docbook2x-texi" and I need
the _other_ one :-)