[yocto] When to create a new build directory for yocto?

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Sun Nov 30 23:23:16 PST 2014

On 12/01/2014 03:04 PM, Qiang Yu wrote:
> What about MACHINE_FEATURES and IMAGE_FEATURES?

IMAGE_FEATURES is OK.
MACHINE_FEATURES is like DISTRO_FEATURES. Things are not ensured to work
correctly if you change it in the same build directory.

If I were you, I would jut let builds to share sstate and downloads and
use different build directories for each combination of 'machine +
distro + feature'.
E.g.
build-qemux86-64-poky-systemd-pam
build-qemux86-64-poky-systemd