[yocto] gstreamers xvimagesink not working

Fabian Schwartau fabian at opencode.eu
Sun Nov 30 11:48:25 PST 2014

Hi,
I build a core-image-x11 with beaglebone as machine. I added gstreamer
0.10 support which I will need in Qt. However, I am not able to play a
video using xvimagesink like this:
gst-launch filesrc location=/home/root/centaur_1.ogv ! oggdemux !
theoradec ! ffmpegcolorspace  ! xvimagesink
I get this error:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
   Major opcode of failed request:  147 (XVideo)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
   Atom id in failed request:  0x3e
   Serial number of failed request:  68

However, the first frame of the video shows up on the screen for a
fraction of a second.
As far as I understood xvimagesink uses hardware acceleration, whereas
ximagesink does not. So what do I have to do to get it running?
Do I have to build gstreamer-ti?