[yocto] How do firmware patches get loaded?

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Thu Nov 27 16:49:00 PST 2014

I've got a board with an rtl8168 NIC. I've enabled this in the kernel, but I get the following showing in the system log at boot:

   r8169 0000:03:00.0 eth0: unable to load firmware patch rtl_nic/rtl8168g-2.fw (-2)

The NIC works, but it looks as if the missing file is causing a 60 second delay at boot time.

What do I need to do to get this file installed / loaded?

--

Chris Tapp
opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com

----
You can tell you're getting older when your car insurance gets real cheap!