[yocto] RPATH invalid

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 27 08:43:17 PST 2014

Hi there,

On Thursday 27 November 2014 17:24:09 bart.thoelen at telenet.be wrote:
> I now the following issue pops up here and there, but I cannot find a proper
> answer on what is wrong.
>
> I'm trying to build a custom created auto-tools package in yocto (daisy
> release). I get this QA check error:
>

> ERROR: QA Issue: package logctrl contains bad RPATH
> /mnt/data/sources/dx2/yocto/dx2/yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/zynq-lc80dx-appl/u
> sr/lib in file
> /mnt/data/sources/dx2/yocto/dx2/yocto/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-l
> inux-gnueabi/logctrl/1.0.0-r0/packages-split/logctrl/usr/bin/logctrl ERROR:
> QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
> ERROR: Function failed: do_package_qa
> ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
> /mnt/data/sources/dx2/yocto/dx2/yocto/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-l
> inux-gnueabi/logctrl/1.0.0-r0/temp/log.do_package.20691 ERROR: Task 10
> (/mnt/data/sources/dx2/yocto/dx2/yocto/meta-nikon/recipes-core/logctrl/logc
> trl_1.0.0.bb, do_package) failed with exit code '1'
>
> I guess this must be passed via the configure - see configure log (ignore
> --without-rpath):

It depends entirely on whether the configure script provides an option for
this, it looks like this one either does not, or if it does it isn't called
--without-rpath.

There are some hints here about how to solve this kind of problem in the
general case:

  http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#qa-issue-rpaths

Ultimately you'll need to dig into how this particular software's own
build system is set up with regard to enabling RPATHs when compiling
- usually it's a matter of stopping the appropriate arguments from being
passed to the compiler/linker.

Cheers,
Paul

--