[yocto] New error in 1.7

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue Nov 25 10:19:27 PST 2014

On 25 November 2014 17:13:17 CET, "peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au" <peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au> wrote:
>My original problem is that the image built in 1.6.1 does not build in
>1.7. Paul indicated this is probably because of the -foreign issue as
>referred to in the reference manual Section 5.6.3 when upgrading.
>

>What I need to do is modify my recipe to include this. I understand
>once I have modified the recipe I can generate a patch against the
>original.

The easiest way is likely to patch configure.ac, similar to what was done in http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=60da074fea280d8190e7439361712dcc86177f12

So you were on the right track in your earlier email.

>However, I still cannot identify the original change to the recipe
>required to add this item.
>

>I have added to the recipe
>

>EXTRA_OECONF = " 'AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign]); "
>

>Is this the correct change to the recipe to ensure the config.ac file
>is updated so that any non-conformance with GNU guidelines is
>overlooked?

No, what that line does is add some extra argument to the call to configure. AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is a macro in configure.ac.

 Create the patch that you talked about in got previous email, and make sure that it applies. Then this problem will go away.

Cheers,
Anders

--
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm