[yocto] Progress Bar

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 25 03:49:49 PST 2014

On Tuesday 25 November 2014 15:26:46 Mahdi Saadat wrote:
> > On Saturday 22 November 2014 11:11:16 Mahdi Saadat wrote:
> > > ] build the image-minimal , and want to add the dialog installer for
> > > it with progress bar and dialog , when i use install.sh, in the image
> > > installation on target device the message shows that "dialog and
> > > progress could not find".
> > > could you please inform me about the creating progress bar when
> > > installing th image on dest device
>
> > Sorry, I don't understand the question because there isn't enough detail.
> > I'm not even sure which part of the system you're using. Which install.sh
> > is this? "dialog and progress could not find" - is this exactly how the
> > error message is written?
>
> The problem is as below:
> I want to add installation progress bar on my final image, so when I going
> to install on the target machine it shows the progress bar of installing the
> image and copying the files.
> I edit the init.install.sh file in the meta folder and add "dialog command
> or PV command" to it, but when I installing  the image on the target machine
> it says no "dialog command or PV command" found.
>
> Is it an approach to create progress bar when installing image on target
> machine?

This is functionality we don't currently provide as far as I know, and there
are lots of different ways you could implement it. If you need additional
packages to support this behaviour you'll need to ensure they get installed
into the initramfs; by default, that would be determined in the
core-image-minimal-initramfs recipe - you can either modify that (for testing)
or preferably copy it and then specify your alternative initramfs image recipe
by setting INITRD_IMAGE to point to its name.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton