[yocto] Running "yocto-bsp create .." in the source directory(poky) brings up an error. "poky directory vs build directory"

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Mon Nov 24 05:07:35 PST 2014

Hi ,

Although that sentence could be written differently, it is correct.  Step six of the example says "By default, the script creates the new BSP Layer in the current working directory of the Source Directory, which is poky in this case."  The clause at the end of the sentence is tied to the "Source Directory", which in fact is poky.  I will re-write that sentence though to remove any chance of confusion.  You can see the change at http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7/bsp-guide/bsp-guide.html#creating-a-new-bsp-layer-using-the-yocto-bsp-script.

Thanks,
Scott