[yocto] How to adjust patching striplevel while using SCC

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Nov 19 16:06:01 PST 2014

On 2014-11-19, 6:54 PM, Lin Shen (lshen) wrote:
> I’m using SCC file to list all my kernel patches, and like to adjust the
> patching striplevel much the way how the “striplevel” option works for
> SRC_URI.

It's not possible. scc uses git and git porcelean patches to apply
changes to the kernel .. which means that they need to be properly formatted
patches acceptable to git.

If you are trying to mess around with strip level .. you have to
ask yourself "why", and you are better off fixing up the patches
to the expected format.

Bruce