[yocto] autobuilder: How to set PREMIRRORS?

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Mon Nov 17 06:08:26 PST 2014

All,

After looking through the autobuilder code, I don't see anywhere in which PREMIRRORS can be set and used.  I see in CreateAutoConf.py that PREMIRRORS is always set to "".  I don't think it'd be that difficult to add PREMIRRORS as a CreateAutoConf parameter for the buildsets.  I can work on the change and submit the patch.  But before I start I have a few questions:

1. I plan on implementing the PREMIRRORS parameter as an array, similar to 'layerdirs' for CreateBBLayersConf.  For example:

{'CreateAutoConf' : {'PREMIRRORS' : ['git://.*/.* http://our/local/mirror/path/mirror/sources/ ',
	'ftp://.*/.* http://our/local/mirror/path /mirror/sources/ ',
	'http://.*/.* http://our/local/mirror/path/mirror/sources/ ',
	'https://.*/.* http://our/local/mirror/path/mirror/sources/ ']}

would add the following to auto.conf:

 PREMIRRORS = 'git://.*/.* http://our/local/mirror/path/mirror/sources/  \
 	ftp://.*/.* http://our/local/mirror/path /mirror/sources/  \
 	http://.*/.* http://our/local/mirror/path/mirror/sources/  \
 	https://.*/.* http://our/local/mirror/path/mirror/sources/ '

Does this sound reasonable, or would a different parameter format be preferred?

2. Should the final text in auto.conf be 'PREMIRRORS =' or 'PREMIRRORS +='?  Since there is no other way to add to PREMIRRORS that I can see, I don't know if it matters or not.

3. I see there is now an html document for autobuilder.  Should any additions still be documented in README-NEW-AUTOBUILDER or is that file being abandoned?

Thanks,
Bryan