[yocto] Image Deployment Tool

John Unland opensourcejohn2112 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 17:38:43 PST 2014

I know hob has it's various image options for the output build. But
only .hddimg and .iso can be deployed to the physical media. So I
wanted to make a application so that other people can use other image
formats and deploy it to USB, CD, SD Card, etc. However I'm fairly new
to the embedded space and I'm still trying to find how other image
formats are placed in storage media. (I know how to write the .hddimg,
.iso, and ext3 to media) Can anyone point me to some tutorials on how
to get some of these images onto media?