[yocto] yocto Digest, Vol 50, Issue 54

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 10:52:17 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 9:39 AM, <yocto-request at yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> From: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com>
>
> On 2014-11-14 10:10, Edward Wingate wrote:
> >
> > The ramdisk image ballooned to 22MB though.  It's expected, but due to

> flash size constraints, Python may not be an option in this case.
>
> You can always just bring in the packages you need (python-modules is a
> pretty heavy hammer!)  Python is split into ~90 separate packages, each
> with a [small] set of modules/functionality.

I would really like to try this. How do I find out what the various python
packages are and what's in each package?  I tried
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/, but don't
find what I'm looking for (right now, Python's built-in logging and codecs
modules).

I also can't find where the python-modules recipe is located.  I thought
that might give me a clue as to what all the modules are and where they
are.  I would think python-modules would be located in or
poky/meta/recipes-devtools/python or meta-openembedded/meta-python where it
seems all the other python stuff are, but it's not there that I can see.
Where is python-core defined, for that matter?  I can't find that anywhere
either.  All references to python-core and python-modules are in the
build/tmp directory, but I don't see the source definition.