[yocto] recipe fails to load local files

peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au
Fri Nov 14 00:36:58 PST 2014

Based on your suggestion Bryan, and referring to Section 10 -Glossary
of the ref-manual regarding FILES, I have changed the recipe as
follows:
DESCRIPTION = "Belkin Wifi Firmware"
PR = "1.5"
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
FILES_${PN} +=
"~/poky/meta-atmel-lsp/recipes-lsp/zd1211-firmware/zd1211-firmware"
SRC_URI = "
  file://zd1211_ub
  file://zd1211_uph
  file://zd1211_uphm
  file://zd1211_uphr
  file://zd1211_ur
"

do_install() {
        install -d ${D}/lib/firmware/zd1211
    install -m 0555 ${WORKDIR}/zd1211_*
 ${D}/lib/firmware/zd1211/
}

I had not seen a reference to the FILES parameter previously.
However, this still does not work.

Refering to :
http://www.embeddedlinux.org.cn/OEManual/recipes_examples.html

I run the follwoing command from my build directory:
$ bitbake -b
meta-atmel-lsp/recipes-lsp/zd1211-firmware/zd1211-firmware_1.5.bb

and I get the following error:
ERROR: QA Issue: zd1211-firmware: Files/directories were installed
but not shipped
  /lib
  /lib/firmware
  /lib/firmware/zd1211
  /lib/firmware/zd1211/zd1211_uphr
  /lib/firmware/zd1211/zd1211_ub
  /lib/firmware/zd1211/zd1211_uphm
  /lib/firmware/zd1211/zd1211_ur
  /lib/firmware/zd1211/zd1211_uph
ERROR: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
ERROR: Function failed: do_package_qa
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/lachlan/poky/build-atmel/tmp/work/cortexa5t2hf-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/zd1211-firmware/1.5-1.5/temp/log.do_package.3991
ERROR: Task 10
(/home/lachlan/poky/meta-atmel-lsp/recipes-lsp/zd1211-firmware/zd1211-firmware_1.5.bb,
do_package) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 9 tasks of which 6 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (9 of 12)

do_package

Note that i also had to address the LICENSE reference as I was
getting LICENSE_CHCKSUM errors

Also note that when I try to build the full image, there is no error
but the files are not present.
In my build directory configuration file I have the reference to my
recipe layer:
  /home/lachlan/poky/meta-atmel-lsp
but although other recipes in this directory are working fine, this
recipe seems to be overlooked. I know that the full image build sees
the recipe because if I comment out the LICENSE reference, the full
image build indicates an error in this regard.

Thanks for any help
Lachlan