[yocto] recipe fails to load local files

peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au
Thu Nov 13 07:20:52 PST 2014

I am using yocto 1.6.1 and I have a a number of recipes in
~/home/poky/meta-atmel-lsp/recipes-lsp.

I have a lightpd.bbappend that loads local files, I have a
wpa-supplicant.bbappend that loads local files, but I am also trying
to load some firmware that should load local files but fails.

In ~/home/poky/meta-atmel-lsp/recipes-lsp/zd1211-firmware/ I have the
recipe zd1211-firmware_1.55.bb as follows:

_______________________________________
SUMMARY = "Belkin Wifi Firmware"
LICENSE = "GPL"

SRC_URI = "
  file://zd1211_ub
  file://zd1211_uph
  file://zd1211_uphm
  file://zd1211_uphr
  file://zd1211_ur
"

do_install() {
        install -d ${D}/lib/firmware/zd1211
    install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/zd1211_*
${D}/lib/firmware/zd1211/
}
_____________________________________
I sourced these files but not the recipe from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zd1211/

The files indicated in the recipe are in :
~/home/poky/meta-atmel-lsp/recipes-lsp/zd1211-firmware/zd1211-firmware/

When I create the image, no directory is created as
/lib/firmware/zd1211
and also no files are loaded into it.

I have also tried {THISDIR}  instead of using {WORKDIR}
I also tried specifying a specific file rather than using the wild
card
I have also tried using 'cp' instead of 'install -m 0755'

None seem to work.
I am expecting the firmware files to be located in:
~/poky/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3xek-poky-linux-gnueabi/atmel-qt5-demo-image/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/firmware
but they are not.

I originally started with a recipe to load the files directly from
the source, but that did not work. The original recipe used was
zd1211-firmware_1.4.bb from:
https://gitorious.org/opencsbc/openembedded/source/583297ac295f1b381019ccecb4ae6abaa69cbc6c:recipes/zd1211

That did not work and now I am extracting the files from the .tar and
trying to load them direct.
Maybe the same problem exists between the original recipe and loading
the .tar files.

Thanks for any help
Lachlan

---- Message sent via Adam Internet WebMail - http://www.adam.com.au/