[yocto] Making Hob better.

John Unland opensourcejohn2112 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 07:46:19 PST 2014

>It is great to see so much interest in Hob: for a while we thought nobody
>was using it!

I do see the potential for toaster as wel (Forgot to mention it). Yes
I do see in the near future Hob being phased out in later releases.
But for what it is right now, there are people using it, I really
think it's a great idea to have something like hob for embedded
systems espically the Hobbyist crowd.

>A kernel configuration module for Toaster is something that we'd like to
>see at some point. And the branding one I agree it would be great to have.
>Feel free to open Bugzilla entries for both.

Under what catagories would these two be filed under?

>Contributions are very welcome! :) You can get involved in both
>development and QA work. To get started, you can subscribe to the Toaster
>mailing list:

Sure I'll start looking over there. I'm pretty busy with my college
schedule right now so I'm afraid I can't make it to the regular
meetings. But thanks for the offer! :)

>Hob is not meant to be like Suse Studios. Further more you are right about the interface sucking
>hard for certain things, I would recommend you start cleaning that up first and then afterwards
>move on to other areas of interest with YP.
>Cheers Nick

I see, will do.

Cheers.