[yocto] Making Hob better.

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Tue Nov 11 02:37:07 PST 2014

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback on Hob: I agree with everything you said.

We are currently moving towards web-based interfaces for the Yocto Project
tools, and are working on something called Toaster that eventually will do
what Hob does. You can get more information on Toaster at

https://www.yoctoproject.org/documentation/toaster-manual-17

On 10/11/2014 23:58, "John Unland" <opensourcejohn2112 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Lastly, I would really love to help with development as well.
>haven't really gotten into programming that much but I have worked
>with the Fedora Server Special Interest Group doing QA for Alpha and
>Beta release. So if anyone can put me in the right direction I can
>certainly help YP out.

Contributions are very welcome! :) You can get involved in both
development and QA work. To get started, you can subscribe to the Toaster
mailing list:

You can have a look at the features we are currently working on in the
Yocto Project Bugzilla instance

http://goo.gl/KncliQ

There is information on how to contribute at

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Contribute_to_Toaster

We also have a weekly call that happens on Wednesdays at 4pm GMT. If you
would like to join the call, let me know.

All the best,

Belén