[yocto] newbb.vim vs skeleton recipe in yocto-docs dev manual....

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Sun Nov 9 14:01:57 PST 2014

On 9 November 2014 21:13, Bob Cochran <yocto at mindchasers.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that newbb.vim in bitbake/contrib is notably different from
> the skeleton recipe proposed in the latest Dev Manual.
>
> I'll submit a patch if someone can give me some guidance on what should be
> in newbb.vim (or maybe it's the manual that needs to be patched).
>
> Bob
>

> From yocto-docs: Dev Manual (modify the following skeleton recipe):
>
> SUMMARY = ""
> HOMEPAGE = ""
> LICENSE = ""
> LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = ""
> SRC_URI = ""
> SRC_URI[md5sum] = ""
> SRC_URI[sha256sum] = ""
> S = "${WORKDIR}/${PN}-${PV}"

This list looks a lot more comprehensive than the other. DESCRIPTION
is set to SUMMARY if otherwise left blank. SECTION isn't terribly
important, I never set it in recipes in my layers. DEPENDS is
important though and probably belongs in the list. Lastly, S has a
sensible default value which you don't usually need to override.

So I'd suggest using the above list, plus DEPENDS, subtract S.

Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk