[yocto] Added package to RDEPENDS in packagegroup, image that IMAGE_INSTALLs packagegroup not rebuilt

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 5 08:03:40 PST 2014

On Wednesday 05 November 2014 15:51:03 Vuille, Martin wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, I should really have asked the above, instead I asked about what script
you started the build with so we got led down the wrong path - sorry about
that.

> ps ax | grep bitbake gives me ...
>
> 4165 pts/1    S      0:00 python
> /home/platform/Workspace/somename/poky/bitbake/bin/../lib/toaster/manage.py
> runserver 0.0.0.0:8000 4167 pts/1    Sl     5:05 /usr/bin/python
> /home/platform/Workspace/somename/poky/bitbake/bin/../lib/toaster/manage.py
> runserver 0.0.0.0:8000 4175 ?        Sl     6:58 python
> /home/platform/Workspace/somename/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake --postread
> conf/toaster.conf --server-only -t xmlrpc -B localhost:8200 4176 pts/1
> Sl    24:56 python
> /home/platform/Workspace/somename/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake --observe-only
> -u toasterui
>
> perhaps because I am running Toaster locally?

OK, so this kind of explains it. To be perfectly honest the bitbake memory
resident functionality (which Toaster uses behind the scenes) does have some
holes in picking up changes, but I hadn't realised it would manifest in this
particular manner. It seems like at the moment you'd need to stop and restart
Toaster to be sure that the change gets picked up.

Would you be able to file a bug for this issue mentioning that you are using
Toaster? Hopefully we can get some focus on fixing the behaviour.

Thanks,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton