[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Nov 4 08:14:55 PST 2014

Attendees: Stephen, Armin, Alex, Saul, Mathew, Sona, Cristian, Richard, Tom, Alin, Belen, Michael,

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.8_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.8_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.8_Features

YP 1.7 was released last week.   YP 1.6.2 rc2 is being prepared to be submitted to QA.  Waiting for patch and back-port of a CVE patch on curl.  After 1.6.2 is completed, 1.5.4 will done.  A 1.7.1 is begin considered after 1.5.4 is completed.   YP 1.8 M1 is targeted for 12/3.

* SWAT team rotation: Saul -> Ross

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

* Opens - 10 min

Cristian - bluez (the blue tooth stack) will be switching to 5.4 during 1.8 release cycle.

Saul - Armin has agreed to the 1.7 stable maintainer.  If you want patches into 1.7.1 please insure Armin is aware and they are properly tagged.

Richard - dcc no longer has a default sys-root planned in 1.8.  You should be using the correct complier flags.  We are also seeing some issues with the PR server.  We have some fixes that have covered at least part of the issues.  If you are seeing issues please keep us posted.

Sona - The security page on the Yocto Wiki is quite out of date.  We should work to update it.   Sona will work with Michael to get it updated.

* Team Sharing - 10 min

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com