[yocto] How to debug dependency/setscene/sstate issues

Vuille, Martin (Martin) vmartin at avaya.com
Sat Nov 1 05:08:51 PDT 2014

I am using Poky daisy / Yocto 1.6.1

Occasionally, when building a custom image or SDK after changing
a package recipe or package content, I find that the do_rootfs task is not
executed for the image or the do_populate_sdk task is not executed
for the sdk.

There are custom classes, packages, packagegroups involved, so it is
possible, nay likely, that the problem is something I did or should've
done but didn't.

How to approach this problem?

Because the problem is intermittent, I usually won't realize there was
a problem until after bitbake is done and didn't build what I expected.
Is there a way to retrospectively review bitbake's decision-making?
Or do I need to run with -DDD all the time?

MV