[yocto] Source Command Permission Denied

Kashyap Gada gada.kashyap at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:06:16 PDT 2014

Hello Community,
This is my first question please excuse if I'm making a silly mistake. I am
just starting learning the yocto project to develop custom linux os. I was
following the few commands to download and setup poky on my build system
from the quick start guide at .

$ git clone http://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky
     $ cd poky
     $ git checkout -b daisy origin/daisy
     $ source oe-init-build-env

Executing the last line gives me the following issue

kashyap at Kashyap-VAIO:/media/kashyap/3E0800DC08009555/yocto/poky$ ls

> bitbake        meta-selftest   oe-init-build-env         scripts
>
> documentation  meta-skeleton   oe-init-build-env-memres
>
> LICENSE        meta-yocto      README
>
> meta           meta-yocto-bsp  README.hardware
>
> kashyap at Kashyap-VAIO:/media/kashyap/3E0800DC08009555/yocto/poky$ source
>> oe-init-build-env
>
> bash:
>> /media/kashyap/3E0800DC08009555/yocto/poky/scripts/oe-setup-builddir:
>> Permission denied
>
> kashyap at Kashyap-VAIO:/media/kashyap/3E0800DC08009555/yocto/poky$

I tried searching over the internet about the possible issues but couldn't
figure out the problem here.
Anyone please help.