[yocto] Setting default system python version

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Mon May 26 03:27:33 PDT 2014

Jegan,

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 3:06 AM, Jegan Chandru <pcjegan at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is variable called PREFERRED_VERSION_pkgname ?= "version" where you
> can set the desired version of any packages available.(if thats what you
> are looking for) Try adding it in your image recipe or conf file. Also once
> added, you can check by executing 'bitbake -s' and see preferred version
> tab.

Actually I don't think that it's going to work for python3, since
python(2.7) and python3 are separate recipes that does not provide the same
package (python). They provide two different packages: python and python3,
respectively.
And I believe that PREFERRED_VERSION just have effects on local.conf,
machine.conf and distro.conf, not on image recipes.

Maybe using update-alternatives class can help me to achieve this:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-classes-update-alternatives<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/classes/update-alternatives.bbclass>

Regards,

--
*dS