[yocto] Help with building app recipe

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Thu May 22 06:50:03 PDT 2014

Folks,

I'm trying to accomplish this in a 64bits host machine. But I'm getting
errors the following error on compile task:

| In file included from
/<snip>/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/include/python3.3m/Python.h:50:0,
|                  from ../../git/src/qpython_priv.h:22,
|                  from moc_qpython_priv.cpp:9:
| /<snip>/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/include/python3.3m/pyport.h:820:2:
error: #error "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad
gcc/glibc config?)."
|  #error "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc
config?)."
|   ^

Searching on Google it says that this is a known bug when trying to
cross-compile Python stuff for 32bits machines on 64bits hosts.

It seems that the guys from Buildroot could get this solved:
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2011-August/045257.html
I'm trying to find the "magical" patch to how to get this fixed.

Also found this link too:
http://blog.devork.be/2009/02/compiling-32-bit-python-on-amd64.html

But I'm not quite sure how to get this fixed on Yocto. Should it need to be
fixed on the pyotherside, or python3, or python3-native recipe?

Any directions are appreciated.

Regards,

--
*dS