[yocto] [meta-mingw] build error

Stefan Seefeld stefan_seefeld at mentor.com
Thu May 22 06:10:30 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-22 02:10, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 16:45 -0400, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I started experimenting with the meta-mingw layer today, using the
>> 'daisy' branch for both, poky as well as meta-mingw.
>>
>> Running `bitbake meta-toolchain`, the build process failed in one of the
>> last steps (1003 of 1005) with:
>>
>> ERROR: nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host not found in the base feeds
>> (x86_64-nativesdk-mingw32 noarch any all).
>>
>> Any idea what I may be missing ? I'm using
>>
>> MACHINE ??= "qemux86"
>> SDKMACHINE ?= "x86_64-mingw32"
>
> Which pacxkage backend were you using? If you didn't use ipk, I'd
> suggest trying it. In theory others should work but its ipk I've been
> using when working with those layers.

OK, I was using rpm (the default), but now switched to ipk. That results
in a different error in meta/lib/oe/sdk.py:55, where do_populate() tries
to link ld.so.cache into a non-existent directory.
I have attempted a fix with the attached patch.

With that, things now appear to be working. (I think things should also
work with 'rpm' as package backend, though, right ? Should I file a bug
report somewhere to put that on record ?)

Thanks,
		Stefan

--
Stefan Seefeld