[yocto] Reducing size of the weekly build

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Wed May 21 09:22:39 PDT 2014

Folks,

In an effort to speed up release times, I'm going to remove the deb
and rpm publishing from the weekly builds. We'll still have ipk
publishing and we will still generate debs and rpms, but as far as I
can tell, no one is actually utilizing the debs/rpms.

One thing I'm thinking of and I want some feedback here is setting the
package type on the main builds to just ipk and running a special
deb/rpm test being to ensure those package types are functional. This
should give us a bit of a speed increase for build times, without
introducing too much risk. Thoughts?

-b

--
Elizabeth Flanagan