[yocto] kernel-yocto.bbclass ignoring SRCREV?

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed May 21 05:44:25 PDT 2014

On 14-05-21 08:33 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is my understanding of kernel-yocto.bbclass correct that it
> effectively completely ignores any specific git commit ID that was
> gien in SRCREV, but instead always checks out and uses the HEAD of the
> respective branch?
>
> Or am I missing something here?  My expectation was that we specify a
> git commit ID (as the only reliable, truly unique identifier for a
> specific source code version) in SRCREV, but instead it appears that
> this information is effectively being ignored?

kernel-yocto does respect SRCREV. It uses the routine do_validate_branches
to reset to a specific SRCREV as a baseline, it then starts processing
and applying BSP descriptions on top of that point.

We test SRCREV specific builds on a ongoing basis, so they do work,
and if a different behaviour is being seen .. that's a bug.

Cheers,

Bruce