[yocto] Question / issue

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon May 19 06:41:09 PDT 2014

Hi Paul,

sorry for late answer - I read only now you are talking about FIT.

On 09/05/2014 16:44, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

>> My first question is, is there a better place to be making the FIT image?
>>

> It depends on if everything you need to construct the FIT image is
> in the kernel's build directory, or also available in the sysroot/deploy
> directories.
>
> If you need kernel build artifacts, doing it in the bbappend (or a .inc,
> .bbclass, etc) of the kernel recipe is the right place.

Indeed. This is what I did in a couple of projects. I added an
image_types_itb.bbclass to produce the FIT image. The IMAGE_FIT_ITS
variable contains the filename of the description file to be passed to
the mkimage tool, and can be overwritten by the image receipe.
Compressions are not needed for this image type, and I should be removed.

Is this the right place to post the patch ? Or should be addressed to
meta-oe ?

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de