[yocto] git.py support for submodules

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Sat May 17 13:17:13 PDT 2014

On May 17, 2014 3:58 PM, "Christopher Larson" <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, May 17, 2014, Chris Morgan <chmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I noticed that git.py doesn't seem to have support for submodules. I
worked around this in my recipe by adding a pre configure step but I was
wondering if a patch to add another option to git.py to fetch submodules
would make sense and be welcomed (pending it's implementation of course).

>  See gitsm.py.
>

> --
> Christopher Larson
> clarson at kergoth dot com
> Founder - BitBake, OpenEmbedded, OpenZaurus
> Maintainer - Tslib
> Senior Software Engineer, Mentor Graphics

I couldn't actually figure out how to use it. I looked at the code and
wasn't sure how it war supposed to do or what it was for.

Chris