[yocto] can one lay hands on a galileo-based dev kit?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri May 16 06:29:54 PDT 2014

On Friday 16 May 2014 07:37:01 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 16 May 2014, Paul Eggleton wrote:
>
> ... snip ...
>
> > So apologies for not replying earlier - I've not been directly involved in
> > the BSP for Galileo, but I have been providing support for the team doing
> > the IoT DevKit work. You should be able to build images for Galileo using
> > what's in meta-intel-iot-devkit directly; you could also use the layers
> > within it separately using your own separate OE-Core / Poky tree, but
> > it's not really designed to be used in that way. If you really want to do
> > it separately you should take care to use all three layers
> > (meta-clanton-bsp, meta-galileo, and meta-iot-devkit) and set your DISTRO
> > = "iot-devkit".
>
>   should any of these layers be added to:
>
> http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layers/
>
> for findability?

Whilst I would usually say yes, in this case I'm not sure that would be ideal.
The layer index is designed to index individual layers, but the layers within
this repository aren't meant to be used separately; people who do try to do
that will have to know what they are doing. This isn't the canonical source of
the BSP either - the official BSP is what gets published as a tarball and its
usage is documented in the Quark BSP build guide.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton