[yocto] [RFC] Upgrade to a package with all its dependency without network

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Thu May 15 05:47:10 PDT 2014

Marco,

Go to your local.conf and add the following:

INHERIT += "buildhistory"
BUILDHISTORY_COMMIT = "1"

This will generate build history information for each image you build.  Included in that build history is the list of packages installed in the image.  So if you are building core-image-minimal, there will be a file called "tmp/buildhistory/images/{arch}/eglibc/core-image-minimal/installed-packages.txt" under your Yocto temp directory that lists all the packages installed on that image.  I have a script that I am using to build a package feed folder that only contains the packages I have installed on that image.  The script is highly customized for my use (almost everything is hardcoded) but I'd be willing to work with someone to make it useful for more people if someone thinks it would be useful.

Regards,
Bryan