[yocto] Best way to remove DISTRO_FEATURES?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed May 14 07:43:29 PDT 2014

On 14 May 2014 15:35, Neuer User <auslands-kv at gmx.de> wrote:
> Strangely, when adding the "DISTRO_FEATURES_remove" to local.conf
> instead of making a new distro, bitbake does not recompile everything?!

Well, there's some logic to avoid rebuilds if the distro features
change in a way that the recipe *can't* change, but changing the
distro name impacts *everything*.

>> Half a day for a build suggests you're building in a VM or a slow
>> laptop: I recommend using a desktop machine with plenty of RAM.
>>
> It's a VM, but just for management purposes. The host is a core-i7
> desktop machine. However, I do have Qt5 and this alone takes app 1-2
> hours to build. (Actually, only Qt5webkit alone takes more than half an
> hour). :-/

Oh, WebKit, fair enough.  :)  Doing it outside of the VM is advisable,
but try giving the VM more memory: pretty sure my average i7 can build
webkit quicker than that.

Ross