[yocto] Third Party Components Integration in Yocto

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Thu May 8 03:22:52 PDT 2014

Hi Meena,

On 08/05/2014 11:05, Meenakumari Shedole wrote:

> Thanks Alex,
>

> Yes I installed  FILES_${PN} all package folders are creating
>
> Tried devshell  but there is no installed bb-example in
> image/usr/include/...empty include folder. Bb-example is not loading
> inside image/......
>
> Analysed  log_devshell , log_package, do_install, do_make.

OK so that's helpful. I have had similar problems myself with files that
don't get installed and thus aren't packaged. In my experience it is
usually to do with the path to the source file one is trying to install.

i.e. So for some reason the bb-example file isn't where it should be to
be copied across to the target folder in the image tree.

Where does bb-example come from? Can you share the whole recipe? Can you
see it where you think it should be in the devshell folder or the folder
above?

If you included bb-example as a file:// entry added to SRC_URI then it
will be copied across to the working directory ${WORKDIR}

You might want to try something like

  install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/bb-example ${D}${bindir}

Alternatively if bb-example is output from a build process then it will
be in the source directory ${S}

In which case try

  install -m 0755 ${S}/bb-example ${D}${bindir}

Hope this helps!

Alex