[yocto] replace udhcpc

Neuer User auslands-kv at gmx.de
Wed May 7 01:57:22 PDT 2014

Hi

I encounter a problem with the DHCP network setup during boot:

System starts. During start ifup is called. ifup calls udhcpc. Network
is, however, not yet up! udhcpc exits with failure. Then network is up.
But, of course, no connection, because no IP address.

In earlier times I used debian based system, which seem to rely on
dhclient3. My experiences here were that dhclient remained as a deamon
continuing trying to get a dhcp address.

What should I do best on Yocto? Replace udhcpc with dhclient? If so, how
should that be done?

Or can udhcpc be configured to remain in the background and try to get
an IP address when network is finally up?

Thanks for any help

Michael