[yocto] Definition of Yocto tasks

Bob Feretich bob.feretich at rafresearch.com
Tue May 6 15:23:45 PDT 2014

On 5/6/2014 2:38 AM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 May 2014 06:47:08 Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:

>>> do_build
>>> do_devshell
>>> do_package_write_ipk
>>> do_cleansstate
>>> do_savedefconfig
>>> do_uboot_mkimage
>>> do_sizecheck
>>> do_strip
>>> do_packagedata_setscene
>>> do_configure
>>> do_clean
>>> do_deploy_setscene
>>> do_cleanall
>>> do_populate_lic
>>> do_populate_sysroot
>>> do_devicetree_image
>>> do_deploy
>>> do_menuconfig
>>> do_patch
>>> do_bundle_initramfs
>>> do_packagedata
>>> do_listtasks
>>> do_compile
>>> do_package_setscene
>>> do_populate_lic_setscene
>>> do_fetch
>>> do_checkuri
>>> do_compile_kernelmodules
>>> do_package_write_ipk_setscene
>>> do_package_write
>>> do_rm_work
>>> do_package
>>> do_unpack
>>> do_install
>>> do_checkuriall
>>> do_populate_sysroot_setscene
>>> do_rm_work_all
>>>
>>> I don't have the knowledge to create such an appendix, but I volunteer to
>>> be a proofreader.
>> An appendix for a reference of these tasks seems like a good idea.
> FYI, you may already have seen it but we have a bit of coverage for the common
> tasks in the following section of the manual:
>
>    http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#closer-look
This section seems to be a more polished version of the mega manual
Sections 5.3.4 to 5.3.11. It provides an overview to the build process,
but its still at a very high level (few details).
> If we wanted to add an appendix to list them all (and it might be worth us
> doing so) a good starting point would be the task descriptions in
> documentation.conf:
>
>    http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/conf/documentation.conf
This file at least provides one sentence on most tasks. (do_setscene is
missing, maybe more).
Regards,
Bob