[yocto] Undefining a variable in a recipe?

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Fri May 2 06:01:46 PDT 2014

On 02/05/2014 13:56, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 2:24 AM, Alex J Lennon
> <ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
>> So I guess I'm at the point where I'm wondering if a getVar() with a
>> flag is behaving as you would expect it to,
>> or how I might go about ensuring either UBOOT_MACHINE or UBOOT_CONFIG
>> isn't defined?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice,
> I think we have a simple error error. You are mixing a recipe, which
> is old and a metadata layer with new concepts.
>
> The u-boot-imx, in 2009.08 recipe, used to set the UBOOT_MACHINE in
> the recipe as it was left as a fallback in case user needed it and the
> value was different from newer releases.
>
> In your case, the easier is to make a new yourmachine.conf and use the
> UBOOT_CONFIG or UBOOT_MACHINE setting there so it will work just fine.

If I have to do that, then I have to do that.

However if I could just undefine one of the two variables defined in the
meta-fsl-arm
layer then I could continue with what I am doing without having to spend
the time
right now to rework the configuration, which is wasted effort for me, as
I will be moving
up to the new version of u-boot in the near future.

Is there no simple way to undefine a variable in a recipe?

Thanks,

Alex