[yocto] Build problem with current master

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu May 1 08:06:30 PDT 2014

I'm trying to build using the latest master ().

For historical (hysterical? customers), I'm maintaining some
old versions of GCC in my own layers.  Recent changes are causing
these recipes to throw errors:

NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/local/poky-cutting-edge/meta-amltd/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc_4.7.bb
ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/local/poky-cutting-edge/meta-amltd/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc_4.7.bb: Failure expanding variable oe_runconf: ExpansionError: Failure
expanding variable EXTRA_OECONF, expression was ${@['--enable-clocale=generic', ''][d.getVar('USE_NLS', True) != 'no']}                 --with-gnu-ld
--enable-shared                 --enable-languages=c,c++                 --enable-threads=posix                 --enable-multilib                 --enable-c99
--enable-long-long                 --enable-symvers=gnu                 --enable-libstdcxx-pch                 --program-prefix=arm-amltd-linux-gnueabi-
--without-local-prefix                 --enable-target-optspace                  --enable-lto                    --enable-libssp                         --disable-bootstrap
               --disable-libmudflap                    --with-system-zlib                      --with-linker-hash-style=gnu                     --enable-linker-build-id
             --with-ppl=no                   --with-cloog=no                  --enable-checking=release                       --enable-cheaders=c_global
--with-float=hard                      --with-sysroot=/     --with-build-sysroot=/home/local/imx6-cutting-edge_2014-05-01/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x
--with-native-system-header-dir=/home/local/imx6-cutting-edge_2014-05-01/tmp/sysroots/nitrogen6x/usr/include     --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/
${@get_gcc_mips_plt_setting(bb, d)}                 ${@get_gcc_multiarch_setting(bb, d)} ${@gettext_oeconf(d)} which triggered exception AttributeError: 'module' object has no
attribute 'contains'

I've noticed recent discussions about moving/renaming 'contains',
but it's not clear to me what I might need to do to get these old
GCC recipes (and maybe others?) going again.  Sadly, just abandoning
them isn't practical, at least not today.

Thanks for any ideas/pointers.