[yocto] Help-Gstreamer Vaapi Plugin Issue in 1080p mp4 playback

Laurentiu Palcu laurentiu.palcu at intel.com
Thu Mar 27 00:21:28 PDT 2014

Hi Meena,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 06:58:53AM +0000, Meenakumari Shedole wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are having some problem regarding gstreamer Vaapi Plugin would like to
> discuss.
>
> We are using gstreamer0.10.36 for our 1080p mp4 playback and we have used
> following gstraemer pipeline.
> filesrc-> decodebin->queue->ffmpegcolorspace->xvimagesink
>
> Here we are facing lot of buffer drop and video is displaying like slow motion
> so, we think that may be xvimagesink is not using the video acceleration
> provided by Intel, hence we moved to vaapivideosink. However we found the
> following error while using vaapivideosink
>
> libva: VA-API version 0.32.0
> libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
> libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
> libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
> vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
>
> Even the same error we are getting while doing 'vainfo' also.
>
> We have gone through some INTERNET search, but did't find useful informations.
>
> Basically we have 2 quires
> 1. Is it possible to play 1080p mp4 playback with software decoders smoothly ?
> How we will fix buffer drop issue ?
> 2. How we will use vaapi sink in other case (solving the va_openDriver()
> error)? Do we need to rebuild some other vaapi versions to make it work ?
I'm far from an expert in gstreamer but I used it once in a while to
test intel video driver upgrades. Here's the pipeline I use:

gst-launch filesrc location=./sintel_trailer-720p.mp4  ! qtdemux name=demuxer demuxer.video_00 ! vaapidecode ! vaapisink fullscreen=true

I don't remember where I got this pipeline from but... maybe it works
for you too.

Perhaps others can give you a more in-depth explanation.

laurentiu