[yocto] inherit setuptools

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Tue Mar 25 09:08:58 PDT 2014

Hi Ross,

On 03/22/14 15:45, Burton, Ross wrote:
> And FWIW, I didn't get much out of bmap when I tried it because of how
> our images were constructed: all of the sparse segments disappeared
> when a whole-disk image was created.

I have expanded a little bit on this issue here:
http://twoerner.blogspot.ca/2014/03/using-bmaptool-to-create-memory-card.html

and I see better what you mean about sparse segments. Using bmaptool,
theoretically, the same core-image-minimal should take the same ~20
seconds to write whether the image is 80MB or 4GB. The fact these are
significantly different suggests there might be room for improvement in
the way our images are created?

Still, I was able to go from 50 minutes to 14 when writing the 4GB image
using bmaptool versus using dd, so that's an improvement none the less.

> I got a much better win by using USB 3: around 10 seconds to write a
> gigabyte+ image to a stick... Ross

Thanks for the tip!