[yocto] linux-yocto fetch bottleneck

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Mar 21 15:04:32 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-21 15:54, Jate S wrote:
> The documentation has warnings of space usage. Will it start using
> lots of space? If so, can I use it on a per mirror basis?

Yes, the tarballs can be quite large, but they are incredibly useful
with a local mirror.  Especially when you consider that updating a GIT
checkout, e.g. the Linux kernel. can take a *really* long time.

> I am using a local mirror, so maybe the space usage will not be a problem.

The space needed will not be terribly different than what you've already
encountered without generating the tarballs.

n.b. it's polite to keep replies on the mailing list so that everyone benefits.