[yocto] linux-yocto fetch bottleneck

Jate S jatedev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:27:51 PDT 2014

I am running into a bottleneck with the linux-yocto recipe on dora
1.5.1. The fetch retrieves git2_git.yoctoproject.org.git.tar.gz, but
then it hits a bottleneck when it must do a git fetch to update to the
required references. The git server does not have high bandwdith.

One workaround that I've found is to archive the git repository and
replace the tar.gz in the downloads directory. The recipe then finds
the required references.

Would BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS actually take care of this? Any
other recommendations?

- Jate S.