[yocto] Hob still can not launch in build-appliance with 1.4.3 rc4

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at intel.com
Thu Mar 20 02:57:10 PDT 2014

On Thursday 20 March 2014 14:10:27 Yi Zhao wrote:
> With 1.4.3 rc4 build, the hob still can not launch in build-appliance.
> Looks it still miss python module. I already reopened bug 5941 .
> Here is the error message:
>
> ** (process:672): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as
> enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
>
> ** (process:672): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as
> enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
>
> ** (process:672): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as
> enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags' Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/builder/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 352, in <module>
>     ret = main()
>   File "/home/builder/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 301, in main
>     server = start_server(servermodule, configParams, configuration)
>   File "/home/builder/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 213, in start_server
>     server.initServer()
>   File "/home/builder/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/server/process.py", line 221, in
> initServer self.serverImpl = ProcessServer(self.server_channel,
> self.event_queue, None) File
> "/home/builder/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/server/process.py", line 91, in __init__
> self.event_handle = multiprocessing.Value("i")
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/__init__.py", line 252, in Value
>     from multiprocessing.sharedctypes import Value
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/sharedctypes.py", line 39, in
> <module> from multiprocessing import heap, RLock
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/heap.py", line 36, in <module>
>     import mmap
> ImportError: No module named mmap

:(

I'd love to know what changed such that this worked in 1.4.2 and earlier and
not in 1.4.3, but at the moment I can't see it. I can certainly see where
python-mmap was added in dora and master, so I can backport that fix.

(FWIW I did try to test build this before handing it back to you guys, but my
machine ran out of disk space trying to build the build appliance.)

Cheers,
Paul
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)