[yocto] Missing Python modules on target

Jonatan Magnusson jonatan.magnusson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:35:34 PDT 2014

(I replied to Chris personal email by mistake. Our conversation is pasted
below.)

I tried to investigate how the Python installer works, and there are still
many parts I am not sure about.
But as far as I understand the manifest file (python-2.7-manifest.inc) *is*
responsible for telling bitbake which Python modules to install. It
contains a bunch of FILES_${PN}-<package> definitions like this:

FILES_${PN}-numbers="${libdir}/python2.7/decimal.*
${libdir}/python2.7/numbers.* "

If I add "${libdir}/python2.7/wsgiref" to one of these and rebuild the
image the module gets installed on the image.  This solves my problem, but
I wonder why it is not included by default?

Anyone who can shed som light on this?

Regards,
Jonatan Magnusson