[yocto] Missing Python modules on target

Jonatan Magnusson jonatan.magnusson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:40:45 PDT 2014

Hi

I am trying to use Python on my target.

I added ”python” to IMAGE_INSTALL. But then the "base64" module was not installed.
Very well, I added ”python-modules” to IMAGE_INSTALL, and now "base64" was installed.

But now "wsgiref" was missing. As far as I can see the only modules and packages that are/can be
installed are the ones listed in ”meta/recipes-devtool/python/python-2.7-manifest.inc” and ”wsgiref” is not
mentioned there.

What to do?

Is ”wsgiref” left out because it is incompatible with Yocto for some reason? Or can I add it myself in some way?
Is there perhaps a way to install *all* modules/packages of the Python standard library? Disk space is not a problem.

Regards,
Jonatan Magnusson