[yocto] Agenda: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Mar 18 08:23:21 PDT 2014

Attendance: Scott, Mathew, Ionut, Cristiana, Christian, Belen, Beth, Nitin, Ross, Saul, Jefro, Tom, Richard, Paul, Bruce,

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

Nitin - retirement of BSP's.

* Yocto 1.6 status - 10 min (Stephen/team)

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.6_Status

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.6_Features

YP 1.6 status - 3.14 is still not yet released.    Some fixes submitted are requiring new fixes, so some more changes will be required.  We will begin work on M5 next week.

YP 1.4.3 status - Fixes have been submitted.  But, will need another run of Autobuilder when available.

YP 1.5.2 status - We will start working the build once 1.4.3 is completed, but not get done until after 1.6 is released.

YP 1.7 status - We are asking all who have features they would like in 1.7 to post a bug/feature request in bugzilla.  If it is a feature you plan to work on, please submit the request and assign yourself as the owner.  The major focus of 1.7 will be improving the developer experience.

* SWAT team rotation: Saul -> Ross

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

* Opens - 10 min

Nitin - Retirement of BSP's.  Before 1.6 we will retire a few BSP's. (Chief River, Sys4GX, M450) Many of those being required are in the merged/common Intel BSP's.

* Team Sharing - 20 min

Richard - We need to get our changes into master to finalize 1.6.

Beth - Some Autobuilder changes need to be made, but will most likely wait until 1.4.3 is clean before submitting.

Bruce - 3.14 Kernel is moving along but not yet finalized. In rc7, but still has some minor issues.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com