[yocto] Problem with git.yoctoproject.org - looks like a server-side issue, confirmed on #yocto IRC channel

Alex T alext.mkrs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:50:11 PDT 2014

Hello,

Looks like there's some problem with Yocto's git server, surfaced just
recently.

In short - "git fetch --depth=3 <refspec>", which was working just fine
about a week ago, now fails with:

===
Running: git remote add origin git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky

Running: git fetch origin --depth=3 tags/dylan-9.0.2:tags/dylan-9.0.2

fatal: protocol error: bad pack header

===

And we've ruled out the git client version or client's location problem
(tried three different git client versions and at least three different
people face the problem).
This is demonstrated in detail in this Intel Galileo community thread:
https://communities.intel.com/message/227798#227798

I've also got a confirmation on the #yocto IRC channel from Khem Raj,
that it must be a server-side issue. Googling the error seems to suggest
that may be a sort of OOM or other resource-related problem on the
server too.

Could you please look into that and fix, if that's indeed a server problem?

regards,
Alex