[yocto] Building a metapackage

David Welch djwelch666 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:34:45 PDT 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to build a meta packages whose sole purpose is to bring in
dependencies?

Suppose I have package-1.deb, package-2.deb and package-3.deb.  I would
like add a .bb file to build a metapackage for those three packages.  I
have tried the following but it didn't work:

SUMMARY = "Package"
DESCRIPTION = ""
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
DEPENDS = " \
package-1 package-2 package-3 \
"
inherit meta

My use case is a series of voices by different manufactures which need to
be installed on a per-manufacturer basis.  So all the voices from
manufacture1 would need to be installed on one machine and all the voices
from manufacturer2 need to go on another machine.  There are about 50-100
voice packages per manufacturer.

Thanks,
David