[yocto] What is the best practice for customizing libraries included in yocto distribution?

Federico Vitali fede.vitali at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 03:09:10 PDT 2014

Thank you Nicholas and Gary! I'm quite experienced in linux embedded
developement, but I'm new to yocto / openembedded.
Nicolas, can you please explain me how to use my sources separate from OE
build dir tree and still using oe built system?
Do I have to edit the sources directly in builddir/tmp/work/etcetera or can
I keep it separate?