[yocto] Autotools not configuring

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Wed Mar 12 06:15:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:24 PM, sheerapthinath
<sheerapthinath at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone please tell whats wrong with the recipe and why am getting
> this error?

I think you need to share the contents of hello/ in order for anyone
to be able to help. It
sounds very much like you just lack a install target in your Makefile,
but it's hard to tell
without the files.

Cheers,
Erik

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM, sheerapthinath <sheerapthinath at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM, sheerapthinath <sheerapthinath at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am new to yocto and trying to build a package for raspberry pi.
>>> I am using the BSP layer from https://github.com/djwillis/meta-raspberrypi.
>>>
>>> Am able to build the image using BSP without any problem. But when I
>>> added a new layer to add packages, am getting error.
>>>
>>> I tried testing with the hello world auto tooled package. When trying
>>> to execute that bb, am getting the error as follows,
>>>
>>> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Sheerapthinath OS
>>
>> My bb file is as follows,
>> DESCRIPTION = "Dummy"
>> SECTION = "package"
>> LICENSE = "CLOSED"
>> PR = "r0"
>> SRC_URI = "file://hello/"
>> inherit autotools gettext
>>
>> After executing this bb file, i took a look at the logs of configure.
>> It says nothing to configure. This hello world is the dummy auto
>> tooled packed downloaded from yocto site.
>> Please help me with what's wrong with this process am following?
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Sheerapthinath OS
>

> --
> Regards,
> Sheerapthinath OS

Erik Botö
Senior Software Engineer
Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)76 881 72 03
E-Mail: erik.boto at pelagicore.com