[yocto] SysVinit and psplash

Kevin Evans Kevin.Evans at rigaku.com
Mon Mar 10 09:19:07 PDT 2014

Hello all:

I am using yocto denzil release with an IGEPv2 (beagle board clone). It appears the init is ignoring my log level being set to quite and prints the run level 5 messages and they appear between the splash screen and xorg starting.  I am not sure of the best way to suppress the text being displayed here. So far I have used:

1. Set loglevel=quiet in kernel commnand line (this silences the logging before pslash but not after.
2. Set the USE_VT build variable to "0". this only disabled logins through the VT.

Not sure what to try now. Any help would be appreciated.